Menu

Sunday, 31 January 2016

WEAVES OF NORDIC SEA




In our times, times of technology and rush, people get lost in the great big world of possibilities. They broaden their knowledge of the world, explore many different points of view. They make conclusions based on someone else expirience insted of dicover something new and taking new path. We all become objective, passive observers of the universe. We lose the ability to discover, we fail to trust our own intuition.
Worried about myself, my creativity and connection with my wild instincts and nature I gave myself little present – my solo trip to Oslo.

Where is the passion of live? We conduct mundane lifestyle, following common paths, so life passes through our fingers.
Some time ago I lost the joy of life. Everything seemed to be meaningless. I decided to go somewhere and clear my head of all destructive thoughts. I bought the ticket to Oslo in Norway. The decision to go there was made the day before the date of departure. I had practically one evening to develop strategies of my trip and pack my backpack. So the day after was very busy, at dizzying pace I had to exchange currency to Norwegian Crown and catch the bus to the airport.
Many people think I’m crazy, others ask why I went alone to an unknown place. But for me it was the time of spiritual renewal, the time to discover myself. Incredible opportunity to learn about my weaknesses, but also the time to believe how much I can achieve. The whole trip I wanted to live without the internet and my smartphone. I have been depending on my intuition, strength and skills of reading maps. Importantly, I had very small amount of the funds as well. I had literally the right amount needed to survive without frills.
For the price of one night in the hostel, I could survive three days sleeping in the tent. I had then also enough cash to buy food and travel around the city. In Norway, a tourist can stay for one night anywhere he wants, of course, outside private properties. So initially I thought that finding a places for a tent, will be quite easy. I was so surprised when I saw a huge farmlands surrounded the airport. To find a piece of free land I wandered for 4 hours with 15 kilograms rucksack on my back. The first night I did not sleep at all, fearing that the wind will destroy my tent. The day after I took the way to Moss, with hope I will take the train to Oslo. But when I got there after 4 hours walking, I got the info what is the actual price for the train! Wow, that was almost all I've got. So, after the nice advice of one lady I took the non expensive bus to airport Rygge again... and then direct bus to Oslo.
I prommised myself to make a better research next time!

Then the real journey started. When we stand up to that challenge we may say: Nothing ventured, nothing gained. And we gain the best in-a-lifetime memories. For example, ‘taking a shower’ in the sink of municipal toilets, drying the hair under the hands dryer... also flavor of military food and coffee powder with cold water, pain in shoulders and fatigue. But all of it was worth everything I saw, especially breathtaking views, the sunsets long after midnight and the indescribable joy of existence. Such is the superiority of being over possession. During the pure joy of discovery, I had no need of something else, more luxurious. I had everything, and I was everything I always wanted to be.

I did it. Ordinary girl, born in Polish small town - me. I beat my own weaknesses. I could count only on myself. Sometimes it was very hard. I say this not to present my courage, or to impress someone. I’m talking about the fact that disconnection is very important in the life of every human being. The ability to break away from everyday life to embark on a journey into the depths of ourselves.
When I think about the world around me, I feel that people are lack of passion. Of course we have many diverse interests, but somewhere along the way we lose the passion for life. Disconnection time for me was a very important experience. I discovered the beauty of everyday life, the poetry of life. Rather than turn on the laptop I opened my eyes on adventure.


















No comments:

Post a Comment